In India, RAIN’s CSR initiatives focus on four key areas: health, education, rural development and environment.
RAIN has established the Priya Cement Free Primary Hospital near its cement facilities in Ramapuram Village, Mellacheruvu Mandal, Nalgonda Dist., Telangana State, India and Boincheruvupalli Village, Kurnool Dist., Andhra Pradesh, India. The hospital also provides emergency ambulance facilities for patients. In addition to providing medical care, the hospitals conduct routine health-related initiatives such as de-addiction counselling and creating awareness about health education in marginalized communities. The hospitals also provide emergency ambulance services for patients.
Recognizing the role education plays in social transformation, RAIN operates high schools in English Medium at Ramapuram Village, Mellacheruvu Mandal, Nalgonda Dist., Telangana State, India and Boincheruvupalli Village, Kurnool Dist., Andhra Pradesh, India. After completion of school education, the students are encouraged to enroll for college.
RAIN provides scholarships to economically challenged merit students pursuing 11th and 12th standard (10+2) in the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana.
RAIN undertakes projects that contribute to the overall development of communities around its production facilities. In cooperation with local communities in India, RAIN promotes and supports initiatives taken by local bodies and government agencies to identify, adopt and support for development and growth. Some of the developmental activities undertaken in India by the company around its Nalgonda and Kurnool cement facilities include:
- Providing assistance, both financial and material, towards building and maintaining community-based infrastructure in villages such as roads, bridges and community centers. RAIN also supports the construction of culverts, drains and water infrastructure.
- Contributing to local welfare activities.
- Donating building material for the construction of local government offices.
- Supporting the repair work of hostels.
RAIN's production operations are largely based on the 'upcycling' of by-products from petroleum refining (green petroleum coke), steel production (coal tar) and power generation (fly ash) that we transform into essential raw materials for other applications that maximizes each product's carbon productivity and prevents them from being landfilled or being used as highly polluting fuels for power generation. RAIN also undertakes the plantation of trees at its calcination and cement plants in India. In 2021, the company planted more than 88,000 trees in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
The company also commissioned a new vertical-shaft calcination facility in the Andhra Pradesh Speciual Economic Zone in 2021 that incorporates waste-heat recovery for the co-generation of clean electricity that can be provided to the local power grid and a state-of-the-art flue-gas desulfurization system that makes the facility the most eco-friendly plant of its kind in the world.
Outside of India, RAIN also supports a range of environment-related sustainability activities in Europe and North America (such as co-generation of clean electricity from waste-heat recovery systems and flue-gas desulfurization systems at most of its calcination facilities) as well as other education- and health-related CSR activities through the efforts of its Rain Carbon Inc. business. (Click here to learn more about Rain Carbon's sustainability efforts and commitment to CSR.)
In Germany, the RÜTGERS Foundation (which was established in 1999 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the RÜTGERS Gmbh, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company) works to make science subjects more popular with children and adolescents in general education schools. It supports committed teachers financially in the implementation of extraordinary teaching projects. In this way, it helps to strengthen the natural sciences in general education schools, to bring the lessons to life and to promote young scientists. Since its inception, the RÜTGERS Foundation has contributed more than €1.65 million to approximately 400 schools, impacting more than 13,000 students.
In North America, RAIN has a long history of participating in diverse activities to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people in our communities, including working with local schools to help drive education in areas that are fundamental to our business: science, technology, engineering, mathematics education. Much of that activity involves the hands-on work of our employees stocking shelves of a local foodbank, serving as volunteer coaches and working with Habitat for Humanity to build homes for low-income members of our communities. In the United States, employees at each of the Group’s locations support United Way, a global organization whose mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good, with a focus on education, health and financial stability. For over two decades, through a matching program with RAIN employees, the company has contributed more than US$ 1.9 million to United Way.
Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board Bio Medical Waste Register
- RCL BMW (Nellore Lakshmidevamma Hospital) – Register May 2023
- RCL MMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register May 2023
- RCCVL BMW – Register May 2023
- RCCVL BMW – Register Apr 2023
- RCL BMW (Nellore Lakshmidevamma Hospital) – Register Apr 2023
- RCL MMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register Apr 2023
- RCCVL BMW – Register Mar 2023
- RCL BMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register Mar 2023
- RCL BMW (Nellore Lakshmidevamma Hospital) – Register Mar 2023
- RCCVL BMW – Register Feb 2023
- RCL BMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register Feb 2023
- RCL BMW (Nellore Lakshmidevamma Hospital) – Register Feb 2023
- RCL BMW (Nellore Lakshmidevamma Hospital) – Register Jan 2023
- RCL BMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register Jan 2023
- RCCVL BMW – Register Jan 2023
- RCL BMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register Dec 2022
- RCCVL BMW – Register Dec 2022
- RCCVL BMW – Register Nov 2022
- RCL BMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register Nov 2022
- RCCVL BMW – Register Oct 2022
- RCL BMW (Priya Cement Hospital) – Register Oct 2022
- RCCVL BMW – Register Sep 2022
- RCCVL BMW – Register August 2022
- RCCVL BMW – Register July 2022